Make this chalkboard serving tray using a scrap piece of pine offcut sprayed with Rust-Oleum chalkboard spray. The tray comes in handy when serving snacks or treats and your guests will know what is what.
YOU WILL NEED:
Piece of pine approximately 300 x 900mm
240-grit sanding paper
Wide masking tape
Rust-Oleum chalkboard spray
1. Sand the pine with 240-grit sandpaper until nice and smooth. Wipe away all traces of dust.
2. Apply wide masking tape around the edge of the board. The wide tape protects the edge of the board from overspray.
3. Spray on 3 to 4 coats of chalkboard spray, applying light coats and working from side to side. Allow each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
4. Let the paint dry before gently peeling off the masking tape.
GOOD TO KNOW
Prime the chalkboard before you use. Wipe chalk across the entire surface and then wipe away with a lightly damp cloth.
5. Attach your choice of handles to finish off.